Sunday, November 28, 2010

UNICEF 10K Run @ Disneyland HK

Got up at 5 this morning and managed to get to Disneyland by 6am. It was still dark by then and I actually made it there in time for the start of the half marathon. Since I had nothing to do I went to the starting line to look at the competitors. My race started at 7 so I spent some time stretching and lined up for the starting line. The race was alright, jogged pretty much all the way but there were parts of the race where the course was a bit too narrow for the amount of people there. I finished in around 55 minutes which isn't too bad, I can probably go harder but couldn't be bothered. The highlight was when I got to high 5 Mickey Mouse at the start of the race. When I was going home I realised that I didn't really see much of Disneyland but the Disneyland MTR connection is pretty cool. The handle is in the shape of Mickey's head and they have curved couches rather than the regular seats.

3 comments:

SuBoo said...

M-I-C, K-E-Y, M-O-U-S-E!

How come you didn't get to see much of Disneyland? You didn't pay attention or did the course not really go around it much?

KH said...

I just looked at the map and either the trees are too high or I paid absolutely no attention to my surroundings.

Pooey said...

wtf.. race at 7am?!?!!? Soooo early!!!

Hehehe high fiving Mickey would have been cool!!! Any pics?