Thursday, September 10, 2009

What is Arborio Rice?

Was asked to get arborio rice for dinner tonight so I decided to go to a small local "supermarket" nearby since it was probably the closest store from where I was when I received the call up. I got there and proceeded to the pasta/rice section. I couldn't see any arborio rice so I decided to ask the dude stocking the shelf. So I did and he had no fricken idea what I was talking about. So I asked him for rice to make risotto and he kinda panicked and looked for someone else to help. I assume this other guy is like a manager or something so I asked him the same questions. He had no fricken idea what was going on and tried to sell me jasmine rice or something. In the end they decided that they don't have what I wanted so I walked out and went to Sainsbury's. Probably should've in the first place but it was a lot further from where I was. Seriously, if you work at a supermarket you should at least know something about food. Maybe they don't have it in stock because they don't actually know what it is and the fact it exist?

2 comments:

SuBoo said...

Hurrah - the rants are back!

Pooey said...

no seriously.. what is arborio rice?