Saturday, September 5, 2009

Quarter Pounder with Cheese

Had another successful run today without hurting myself so just maybe after a year of on and off injuries my body is going to be OK. This morning's run was full of promise, a crew of 5 but I ended up running with JC and a new running buddy Debbo because the other 2 (JL and Eee) were too soft and perhaps suffering from hangover. Ran down the length of Hyde Park to Hyde Park Corner then made our way back around Kensington Garden to return to Lancaster Gate. It was a nice day with a cool breeze so even though we started at 12 it wasn't too bad.

Afterward I felt like something nasty so after the shower I made my way outside and since there were chicken nuggets request I decided I would just go to the golden arches. They are currently finishing off their Coke Glass promotion and they were doing a buy 1 get 1 free. I decided I might as well since they are probably better than the crappy glasses we have at home and they ended up giving me 3 glasses because he couldn't be bothered pulling them apart (they come in packs of 3s). 3 glasses for £1 what a bargain.

I went home with my food and new glasses and I must be hungry from exercise because my burger was BEAUTIFUL!!!! As usual, I packed my burger with chips before eating and WOW... best... burger... ever... I can't say the same for their chicken nuggets and chips but I must be really hungry and thirsty because the watered down coke tasted so good too! :D

7 comments:

SuBoo said...

I truly sense your happiness with the burger. Even the happy face at the end felt sincere. Bravo, padawan, bravo.

Pooey said...

oh i dunno suboo...

Always the cynic, part of me wants to genuinely bask in the glory of the quarter pounder with kahoons. I do embrace the greasy cravings induced by drunken night out and a quarter pounder is usually my burger of choice.

BUT part of me doubts that he would blog about such (trifling) glory let alone express such elation in his blog with the use of capitalisation, exclamation marks and emoticons.

I a bag full of contradicting emotions on this. I want to believe that he really loved his Quarter Pounder but I can't shake of the feelings of doubt and the possibility he may still be mocking us.

Kahoons, I call upon you to take the stand and clarify... *steps aside for Kahoons to take stage*

mallymoodle said...

Hmmmm....having been a person who often deprives oneself of some of the world's greatest pleasures, I truly believe that Kahunes may actually have relished in that burger like the first taste of water after a week in the desert.

J said...

nope.. he's serious... he had his happy face after finishing his watered down coke.. it was a mastercard mo..

Kate said...

I witnessed Kaho eat his burger. I have never seen him so genuinely happy. It was a sight to behold. Really.

Pooey said...

oh i am so glad to hear how much kahoons enjoyed his burger! *high five*

SuBoo said...

And after all of this... KH STILL has not left a comment - even on his own post!