Thursday, June 24, 2010

Group A to D Review

Well lets see how right or wrong I was...

Group A - Uruguay and Mexico qualified while France did not even get a point. I have been surprised at how well Uruguay has been playing and they could be one of the teams I will be watching at the QF.

Group B - Spot on with this group. Argentina qualified top easily and South Korea looked like they were sleeping against Nigeria. Hopefully they can beat Uruguay and I get to watch them in the QF!

Group C - Ah England, so lucky to qualify. I actually tipped USA in my other prediction comp and so I am quite happy that they actually qualified. However I didn't expect them to top the group though. The USA could well be one of the teams I am watching!

Group D - Germany as expected but Ghana was one that I didn't pick. Imagine if they have Michael Essien as well in the team. Australia though had a slight chance in the last 15 minutes but it wasn't to be. The lost against Germany was too much to recover from. At least it wasn't 7-0.

No comments: