Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Day The Earth Stood Still

A remake of the 1951 film starring Keanu Reeves. Went to see the movie at IMAX and this was probably the first time I have seen a movie at IMAX, previously I had been to IMAX in Melbourne to see a Michael Jordan short film. I actually thought the movie was alright for most of it, Keanu Reeves still can't really act, and the special effects were pretty good. I also thought there was an interesting message in the story (I was told that I am getting soft for thinking that). However, I question whether the humans in the film had shown enough to not get wiped off the face of the Earth. Maybe if there are still people there to care then there is still hope for everyone? Don't know, but the people who really care are generally those not in power and not the type who would run for the president of the US. In the movie, the president went hiding and issued the order that pretty much destroyed everything. Anyway, it was a movie and it kept me entertained even though it ended so suddenly.

No comments: