Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Markets

I did manage to go to the Christmas Markets in Dusseldorf. I was walking along the Rhine to get to Old Town and decided that I have walked enough so I turned into the city. Out of luck I managed to hit one of the Christmas Markets and I thought it was pretty cool, can't wait to see the biggest one in town outside the town hall. When I looked at the street sign I realised that I was AT the town hall. The "biggest Christmas Market in Dusseldorf" according to the website is tiny as. I was rather disappointed but still managed to have a hot dog, crepes, and Glühwein. I didn't know I paid deposit on the mug so I just took it with me. Walked around for a bit and there are actually stores all over the place so collectively it was pretty big.

Since then I have been to the markets in Oslo (very tourist oriented) and Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park, London. Comparing to those the one in Dusseldorf is actually pretty good.

1 comment:

mallymoodle said...

Nice pic of a car park!!!