Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Chicken Rice Nazi

Officially known as Oriental Wok is a little Malaysian place in Melbourne CBD. I went there today for the first time in 3 years and I couldn't remember how much it was back then but it now costs $9.90 for what I now think as a rather ordinary dish because I've probably had better.

She was never known for her level of service. I went with some interstate colleagues once and they were after a receipt for expense claim and her response was too busy but reluctantly wrote one later on.

Today as I pulled out a $10 note and 90 cents in coins, I first gave her 90c and then the $10 expecting $1 back. She didn't say anything and dumped my 90c on the table and came back with 10c change.

True story.

4 comments:

Pooey said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

gawd that's funny. I must try this chicken place when I'm next in town.

ilingc said...

u mean it still hasn't shut down?
you should just ask alicia to make you her "famous" chicken rice. i'm sure she'll tell you hers is heaps better :p

mallymoodle said...

I haven't been to this place in aaaaaaaaaaaaaages but I don't think it was $9.90 good!

SuBoo said...

Ahhhh fond memories...