Saturday, July 24, 2010

Pied a Terre

Celebrated NJ_LA's birthday at this 2 michelin stars establishment. We went for the tasting menu and the food was quite good and consistent. However, while it was good I didn't walk out with a wow factor (like I did after the yellowtail tartar with truffle soy at Dinings). The service was good and the wine was also very nice. Couldn't really understand the French waiter's accent at times but they had the tasting menu on the table so I knew what I was eating. The most disappointing part was probably when we got seated in the corner table so we didn't get to sit face to face. Is it worth 2 michelin stars? Not too sure. It deserves at least 1 though.

2 comments:

Pooey said...

I always wanted to try Pied a Terre but your review sounds less than enthusiastic.

We're you full? You got quite a lot of food! But were the servings really small or quite decent? It's quite well priced for a 10 course meal.

KH said...

We were very full, and it was of a very high standard. It just didn't amaze me that's all. I guess I had higher expectation walking into a 2 michelin star restaurant.