Friday, November 7, 2008

By Demand: How I picked my team

How did I pick the teams I follow? I think I am more attracted to the playing style of the team after watching them play. The fact that they were successful at the time of watching also helped a lot too. I think the first football team I went for was Nottingham Forest when I watched them play Liverpool in some game when I was still living in Hong Kong. I remember it was a huge game and everyone was talking about it at school. Pretty much everyone in the family decided to go for Liverpool and I alone went for Nottingham Forest. I think eventually Liverpool won but I still think Forest played better.

Eventually I lost interest in that team and started following Arsenal when I was in high school. Probably at the same time I was watching Dutch football and I like the way Ajax Amsterdam played. Then Dennis Bergkamp joined the Gunners and I started watching them more and more. They are now my all time favourite team. I like the attacking flair, creative game play, and in general winning in style. I like to say that I try to model my own game on that philosophy and try the best I can to avoid a boring defensive game.

Here is a list of teams I follow in different leagues.

England - Arsenal
Spain - Barcelona
Holland - Ajax

Players I like

Dennis Bergkamp, Hidetoshi Nakata, Cesc Fabregas, Thierry Henry

1 comment:

mallymoodle said...

oh wow kahunes!
I didn't think you'd actually do this when I demanded it!

But way to go against the grain.
Except you ruined it by dropping the team anyway.