Wednesday, October 15, 2008

In Malmo

Sitting in the hotel room at the moment watching TV switch between BBC and NHK (yes I find it amusing to be watching Japanese TV in Sweden). Landed in Copenhagen and got on the train to Malmo. When I was buying my train ticket some old woman kept talking to me but I had no idea what she was saying, I guess I don't speak Danish... I think they were having trouble buying tickets but I don't know what she was trying to say so couldn't help her.

Got to Malmo and tried to find a taxi, this dude came up to me and asked me where I was going. He then quoted me a fixed price of 200 SEK, I then asked him how much does it normally cost and he told me around 150 SEK... I said no thanks and got a normal taxi, it was 160 SEK.

Went out for a walk and found a place for dinner at Lilla Torg, basically a square with a few restaurants, a recommendation from the hotel. It was a nice walk and I pretty much walked back to the train station. It was so cold though and the food wasn't that great (had pasta). Really need to get some gloves and lucky I brought a scarf.

No comments: